ANDREW VAN WEY was born in Palo Alto, California, spent part of his childhood in New England, and currently lives as an expatriate abroad where he doubts his sanity on a daily basis.
As a child of the late 80′s and early 90′s, Andrew fondly remembers a time when cell phones were the size of bricks, a good scare could be found in a stack of Stephen King books, vampires didn’t glimmer nor go to high school, and a sleepover was best spent scaring friends with low budget horror on VHS.
Years later Andrew still takes that same joy in being a purveyor of frights and writes well into the night. He takes his cues from a foundation built from films like Jacob’s Ladder, Angelheart, The Exorcist, and such fiction as The Shining, Ghost Story, and The Damnation Game. Readers have called his stories: “Beautifully written,” — “Stunning,” — and “the Scariest Books Ever Read!”
When he’s not writing he can probably be found hiking, playing video games, or sleeping with the lights on. He considers gelato and pizza to be a perfectly acceptable meal and shorts to be business-casual if paired with a scarf.
- Andrew is a gemini, and despite being an avid reader of supernatural fiction, he has yet to experience a verifiable haunting.
- Andrew is missing a chunk of his small intestine.
- Similar to Captain America, Andrew was a test case for Human Growth Hormone (HGH). It definitely did not work.
- At the tender age of ten Andrew had had his collarbone broken in several places by falling—and then being trampled on—by a fat girl at summer camp.
- Andrew played far too much World of Warcraft, yet he regrets nothing.
You can visit and harass the author at:
You can view, read, and purchase his fiction below.